Sunday, October 12, 2008

To Bling or not to Bling...


...that was the question two years ago. In the end, I decided to go ahead and bling (get braces) for the 2nd time in my life. You may wonder why I would go through the humiliation of having them put on again at the age of 28. Well, when it comes down to it, the answer is that I inherted a very large mouth. The usual 28 teeth that are sufficient for most people weren't sufficient for me. It turns out that extra teeth (dental implants) can be pretty expensive and we didn't have the funds for them 10 years ago-- so I am on my way to getting them now. Yay! I got my braces off on Tuesday, and was given two monsterously thick retainers to keep my spaces secure for the implants. I now have a really bad speech impediment. I need to call my orthodontist and ask if this is normal to not be able to talk, in the meantime John has been introducing me as his "very special" wife.

3 comments:

Lynch said...

Yay for getting braces off!!

Kim said...

YEAH!!! I bet you are so happy they are off!! When Keith wear's his retainer, he has a lisp as well. But he only wears it to bed...once in a blue moon!

Heather said...

I am so happy for you, but what's worse a speech impediment or cut lips and sore mouth...