Sunday, October 5, 2008

Finding Joy in the Journey


"Be aware that the tiny finger prints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled, will disappear all too soon and that you will miss them profoundly."
--President Thomas S. Monson--
October 5th 2008
Sunday Morning Session

I love conference weekends, there always seems to be something just for me. I am so grateful for our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, and I love to listen to him speak. He was able to vocalize the feelings that keep surfacing in my heart every time I start to get even the tiniest bit discouraged about the never-ending cleaning, cooking, wiping noses, changing diapers, and then starting over again. In fact, this is the very reason that I decided to start this blog, to record the small moments that bring me joy, or would bring me joy if I had the time. Sometimes it seems like life moves at breakneck speeds, so lately I have felt an overwhelming desire to take the time to record the small moments. I know that someday they will mean everything to me. I think that I would cry if I ever actually wiped the jelly off the table, or cleaned the fingerprints off of our living room mirror for good. I will gladly continue to do this if it means I can enjoy the blessings of motherhood. In the meantime, yardwork isn't even on my radar...maybe next year.

3 comments:

Kelley Rae said...

I really needed that message as well, and I'm totally with you on the yard work. Thanks for sharing your joy filled moments.

Heather said...

I agree with you completely. I'm sorry Cheryl thought, I believe that talk was for me, not you. I know there is no way you have piles and piles of laundry! And when I have been in your home,it is perfect!
However, I really like the part about recording our thoughts.

Lors said...

I am finally here, I have read your blog and have been so excited, but had yet to comment. Life is busy (as you know) But you are doing a great job. I love how you write and what you write about. I love seeing pictures and keeping in touch. Keep it up. And even if I don't always comment I am still here reading.!!!!!!